Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Associate Director of Development plays a critical role in helping the Cultural Alliance fulfill our mission of making the Philadelphia a better place to live and work, through arts and culture. The Alliance’s work promotes that mission through initiatives that leverage arts and culture to inspire individuals and build community and civic engagement. These efforts include connecting cultural resources to community needs; providing direct services for nonprofit cultural organizations; leading cultural research, advocacy and policy work; and producing direct marketing programs for cultural consumers.
The Associate Director of Development position, working in a small development office and reporting to the Director of Development, is an opportunity to develop leadership and fundraising skills in a wide range of activities, including major and individual giving, grant writing and corporate sponsorships. This position advances the Cultural Alliance’s mission and programs by developing and implementing short- and long-term strategies to meet the organization’s contributed income goals.
The Cultural Alliance is mindful of diversity, equity and inclusion and welcomes and encourages individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds to consider this position.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
- Work with the development team to define projects and approaches for institutional (foundation, government and corporate) funders.
- Prepare effective, timely communications to current and prospective institutional funders, including proposals, budgets, sponsorship packets, reports, acknowledgment letters, etc.
- Manage and maintain grants calendar.
- Track progress and generate departmental reports and budgets regarding foundation, corporate and government giving goals.
- Support VP of External Relations and Development Director in the fulfillment of corporate sponsorships for Cultural Alliance signature events and other programs.
- Manage corporate sponsorship program through research, solicitation, and benefit fulfillment, as well as relationship management.
- Research new and existing institutional funders to support leadership in cultivating prospects and tailoring messaging and projects to address funders’ priorities or evolving trends in the field.
- Support VP of External Relations and Development Director in the execution of Individual Giving, including list management, preparation and mailing of solicitation packets, gifts processing, donor acknowledgements, updates and reporting.
- Manage the Alliance’s Major Gifts pipeline, including prospect/donor pipeline management in Salesforce and prospect research, to support leadership in major gift solicitation.
- Support VP of External Relations and Development Director in Event Planning, including developing invitation lists, managing registration, preparing collateral material and other duties as needed.
- Contribute development-related content, including funder acknowledgements and individual donor lists, for the organization’s website, annual report and other collateral as needed.
- Work closely with staff at all levels of the organization to understand all facets of the Cultural Alliance’s programs and operations and interpret for prospective funders.
- Keep abreast of local and national funders and philanthropic trends through relationships with peers; professional development opportunities; general interest and trade publications; and online and library-based research tools.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of nonprofit development experience are required for this position (or relevant non-development experience on a case-by-case basis). The Associate Director of Development must be a team player who possesses strong development, communication, journalistic and record-keeping skills, attention to details and deadlines and a clear and concise writing style. Knowledge of the regional cultural and political landscape and financial literacy are also desired. Knowledge of or experience working in Salesforce a plus. Salary range for this position is $35,000 to $40,000, depending on skills and experience.
The application deadline is July 15, 2016. Please send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and writing sample to email@example.com, or mail to:
Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance
ATTN: Development Search
1315 Walnut Street, Suite 732
Philadelphia, PA 19107